Never in my wildest dream that our household could encounter HFMD twice! 2 years ago, both JH & hubbs been through the disease and it was excruciating! Having a normal flu and cough sucks. Having fever is awful. Having HFMD is indeed devastating! Physically it hurts (so bad); Mentally it breaks my heart not able to touch my kids (especially when Junna keep come running towards me for a hug); Emotionally I’m beyond touched that hubbs took over all of my mommy duties + taking care of me. I love my husband x100 times more during the fateful period.
- hubbs preps breakfast and lunch for me that I have in isolation in the room.
- During the isolation, I manage to catch up on some reading. Hubbs bought me ‘Bad Blood’ and it was sooooo good.
- Hubbs took a couple days off to take care of baby girl as I was in isolation mode.
- Spend loads of time doing house chores, making meals and lots of antiseptic cleaning (we were so paranoid that we dettol wipe all surfaces, door knobs, switches and of course the floor every single time I touches it.)
- Watching kids from a distance while having my mask and gloves on. It was dreadful!
If the’re anything that made me realized from this sickness is that…. we often take those little things for granted: holding hands, hugs, kisses, cuddles. A week of quarantine also made me realized that we do not spend enough time with the kids. Also, moments at the park with Junna makes me realized that we do not spend enough time with the kids. If we’re not careful, we will miss their childhood in the blink of an eye.